Hot, humid July days scream for a nearly no-cook meal, especially a meal that’s chilled and refreshing. What could be better than The Best Egg Salad Sandwich paired with a bit of Marinated Asparagus? It makes me wish it weren’t too hot to be out on the deck.
I grew up old school – no one ever “taught” me how to make egg salad, so it seems a bit strange to me to have a “recipe” for The Best Egg Salad Sandwich. This specific combinations of flavor is so perfect, I just have to pass it on.
The best thing about a recipe for the Best Egg Salad Sandwich is that it eliminates all the guesswork. Don’t you just hate trying to fix up Egg Salad after it’s made! And there’s no going back from too much mayo once it’s mixed, so best to get it right the first time.
The Best Egg Salad Sandwich is a very inexpensive meal, especially if the eggs and bread are on sale. Would you eat sandwiches for a dinner? I would, especially on a hot, hot day. Think Egg Salad when you have leftover Easter Eggs, too.Print
The Best Egg Salad Sandwich
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 6 eggs, hard-boiled
- Scant 1/4 cup mayonnaise; I start with about 3 tablespoons and add more if needed
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- ½ stalk celery, minced finely
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard, to taste
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- 6 grinds black pepper
Dice hard-boiled eggs and add to a medium sized bowl.
Mix all other ingredients in a small bowl together and fold into eggs. Mix gently.
- Serve on plain or toasted bread with thin slices of red onion, if desired.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder if you’d like Curried Egg Salad.
Let’s talk about how to save money/time on The Best Egg Salad Sandwich
- Use a coupon matching site! Every store has a group of enthusiastic Coupon Matchers. Do not discount the savings!
- Follow my Strategies – You’ll see them all explained on the upper left tab of every page and how I apply them, below.
- Don’t get discouraged if your prices don’t match mine! Keep shopping at the best prices and your fridge/freezer and pantry will be stocked with sales priced ingredients.
- Read Strategies for additional tips as well as throughout the recipe, for saving time and managing food.
To easily cut eggs the perfect size for Egg Salad, Potato Salad or other use? Push them right through a baking rack!