When I made my Instant Pot Cauliflower Rice, I had a little surprise in store for today’s post: Easy Shrimp in Curry Sauce.
The flavors of this curry meld beautifully with the Instant Pot Cauliflower Rice. A match made in heaven. I was inspired by Urvashi from Two Sleeves and her recipe for Easiest Ever Low Carb High Protein Shrimp with Coconut Milk. Well, inspired by Urvashi and a great sale price on Shrimp.
Even so, one of the best ways to stretch a potential budget breaker like shrimp is to add vegetables. You know I love me some veggies, so in went mild yellow onion and strips of bell pepper. If you’re really on a tight budget, consider leaving out the shrimp and go full on vegetarian – it’s that good!
Easy Shrimp in Curry Sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, cut into strips pole to pole
- 1 large bell pepper, red or orange preferred, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 can coconut milk, possibly more
- 1/2 pound of medium-sized shrimp, shelled & deveined, enough for three or four per person
- green onion and/or cilantro for garnish
Add oil to skillet and head over medium high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until slightly softened.
Add in ginger, garlic, garam masala. salt, turmeric and cayenne and cook for a few seconds, stirring, until fragrant.
Immediately add coconut milk, stirring to blend, then shrimp and cook for an additional minute or so, just until shrimp are cooked through. Remove from heat and serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
If desired, additional coconut milk may be added to bring to desired consistency.
Garnish with green onion & cilantro, if desired.