I think I talked last week about being a little obsessed about my spice mixes & concoctions – If you’re a follower, you probably already know I’m just as obsessive about my salad dressings! Today I’m obsessive about this Avocado & Cilantro Lime Dressing in particular.
Yep. I love my Salads and Dressings, but not just plain old ordinary salads & dressings. I love big salads loaded with big flavors and fun, bold dressings. This Avocado & Cilantro dressing is one of them. Creamy, bright and flavorful, this will totally transform anything you put it on.
I mean, hey, don’t limit yourself to salads, here! Add it to tacos, burritos, bowls, fish, put it over eggs or just use it on anything that could use a bit of bright, tangy, creamy, limey freshness.
Speaking of fresh, this really is (although a three or four days in the fridge does no harm) and it beats the pants off any bottled or jarred version.
Plus, you get to customize your own! Add more lime, more cilantro (or no cilantro if you’re a hater) or a bit of sugar or honey or more or less olive oil. Make it as thick or as thin as you’d like. Make it your own.
Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup yogurt, your preference plain or Greek, non-fat, low-fat or natural
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped (don’t worry about any stems since it will be blended) or an equivalent amount of parsley
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional, but some oil helps carry the flavors and nutrients)
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, if desired
- salt & pepper to taste (I use about 1/4 teaspoon each)
- pinch of sugar or drizzle of honey, optional
- enough water to thin to desired consistency
Drop all ingredients except water into a blender and blend. Add water to thin to desired consistency.
I’ll be bringing this recipe to Angie’s Fiesta Friday, hosted this week by the incomparable Jhuls @ The Not So Creative Cook. Do stop by and take a peek at all the bloggers linking up their best creations.