I love making barbecue sauces but they can be a process. Here’s a spicy/sweet little number with some Chipotle heat that needs nothing more than a quick stir and few minutes of time.
It’s a little bit of a miracle – you’d never guess by the taste how quick and simple this Honey Chipotle Barbecue Sauce is to make and that it’s whipped together with pantry ingredients.
This is a great recipe to have on hand whenever you happen to run out of barbecue sauce and/or might be a little low on fresh ingredients – but it might just win you over and become your “go to” sauce.
Chipotle Honey Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons finely minced Chipotle Pepper (from a can of Chipotle in Adobo Sauce)
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 to 3 drops Liquid Smoke (optional)
Mix all ingredients together. Let sit for several minutes, which will help the sugar dissolve, mix again and adjust flavorings to taste.
This will thicken a bit more if refrigerated. Simply bring up to room temperature.