We liked this seasoned mayo so much on our Spicy Chicken Sandwiches that I thought I’d write it up on its own recipe.
It’s basically a slaw recipe and/or condiment and I can see myself mixing a little up for all kinds of things. I didn’t use chives this time just because I don’t have any on hand. Next time – when I can snip them from my garden.
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt or table salt to taste
- A little brine from Bread & Butter pickles, optional
Combine garlic and lemon juice in a medium bowl; let sit 10 minutes. Mix in mayonnaise, chives, celery seeds, and pepper; season with salt.
from the kitchen of http://www.frugalhausfrau.com, recipe from Bon Appetit
9 thoughts on “Seasoned Mayonnaise”