This is probably a no-brainer category, but here is a few ideas (some from my kids) of what to do with just a smidge of left overs. Perhaps you have a favorite or two to add.
Dessert Sauces and Ice – Cream Toppings
- Almost any – Drizzle over ice creams, waffles, pancakes, cake.
- Add to coffees or lattes.
- Butterscotch and/or Caramel – Use in applesauce, sautéed apples, apple pie or crisp, pour over cakes.
- Chocolate – Just a smidge left, put in milk, ‘dress’ a dessert plate, or drizzle over any dessert.
- Fruit – add to whipping cream or cool whip to match or compliment another dessert.
- Mix and match; when I was a kid, ‘suicides’ were a bit of anything.
- Shell type chocolate or fruit flavors can be drizzled on parchment or waxed paper or Saran wrap in a design to poke into another dessert as a garnish. Dip bananas or banana pieces in warmed sauce and let harden. Roll in crushed nuts if you like.
Frosting or Icing – Spread between graham crackers for your own sandwich cookies