Mexican Pinto Bean Spice
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1/4 cup 1x
- Category: Spices & Herb Blends
- Cuisine: Mexican or Southwestern
- 2 tablespoons of chicken broth powder or pork broth powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (try a single chili powder)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 dried teaspoon oregano (preferably Mexican) or epazote
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (or regular grocery store paprika)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- may also add a teaspoon of sugar or brown and/or a little cayenne, chipotle or red pepper flakes
Mix all the ingredients together. Use a tablespoon or two for a pot of dried pinto beans or a teaspoon or so to a can of pinto beans or refried beans.
Makes about a quarter cup. Increase as desired.
Keywords: Dried Beans, Mexican or Southwestern, Mexican Pinto Bean Spice, pinto beans, Spice & Herb Blends