While I’m always excited to see the little bubble pop up on my blog indicating I have a new comment, today was exceptional! I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Green Lizard’s Blog! Thank you very much, you’ve made my day! And I enjoyed hearing your fun and quirky facts about yourself as much as I enjoy your blog!
Can I tell you how nice it is to hear that what I do is noticed by another? And how wonderful it is to send that message forward to those who’ve I’ve found have touched me in some way with what they share.
To accept the award you must do a few things:
- 1. Thank and follow the person who has nominated you. Provide a link to his/her blog.
- 2. List the rules and display the award pic.
- 3. Include 7 facts about yourself.
- 4. Nominate some other bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated.
Ok! Here goes with 7 facts about myself:
- 1. If I had more money, it’s possible that I could be considered to be “eccentric.” As it stands, you’ll have to make your own judgement.
- 2. I sometimes don’t wear “deoderant” as discussed here!
- 3. I don’t know how to spell “deoderant” (well, now I do: deodorant!)
- 4. Although I worked for one company for most of my life, I’ve held many positions from sales, to management to corporate, including for awhile, a job as an outside technician. Part of that job was aerial cable rehab. Incidentally, I’m afraid of heights and had to see a hypnotherapist. Didn’t work. “Auuuggghhh.”
- 5. I was a vegetarian for years until my Mom, who never “got it” tempted me back with a filet mignon from our local hometown butcher (who raises their own beef) on a visit in 1984.
- 6. I’m obsessed with birds and have many feeders. I’m obsessed with the neighbor’s cat, who I have seen making off with a bird. Now I only feed in the winter when the cat is kept indoors.
- 7. My dog has his own Youtube channel (I don’t, but maybe in the future!) and his own facebook that documents some of his training and activities. He is now trained Service Dog and accompanies me everywhere. My cat is jealous.
Now on to the blogs I would like to send an award to:
- Attempting Zero Waste Lifestyle in a Military Household
- The blog’s author, Jen is a lovely young woman with high ideals, and she inspires me by reminding me of what some of my ideals were when I was young. Before I was old. And cynical. And sarcastic…when I’m tempted to use some caustic cleaner, I think, “What would Jen do?”
- Suburban Homestead
- This prolific blogger has a ton of practical advice and recipes and puts it all out in a straight forward manner. You never know what he’ll come up with next. I’ve been following him for years, but hadn’t realized his posts weren’t coming up, so thinking about his blog made me go back and push the button!
- Nothing Found
- Maisa is a Brazilian transplanted to Canada, and I felt like I made a discovery when I happened across her blog recently. The girl cooks, and her stories will make you smile, laugh and feel sentimental. Make sure to read her take on Williams-Sonoma’s most ridiculous kitchen gadgets.
- The Hungry Mum
- An Aussie Mom who is a dedicated baker and blogger. I read every new post (and all of her old ones!) I think she may be my Aussie twin, except I suspect more than a few decades between our ages! And yes, it’s worth figuring out the metric. I impressed friends with her Raspberry “slices!”
- El Chino Latino Cocina
- I have a long-standing love affair with Mexican cuisine, and though I just recently came across this blog, I know I’ll be back many times. Too many of us are only familiar with Mexican street food and chains, fried, cheesy deliciousness to be sure, but there is whole nuther another level. They “had me” at Diane Kennedy. A big plus in my book? On the about page, I see they have two dogs, one a rescued “laprador!”
I wish I could go on and on, heck, I wish I could just post my “following” list!
Hope you enjoy visiting them!